In China Armillaria mellea tablets are prescribed for a range of neurological disorders, including Meniere’s Syndrome1-4, but based on a new study, published on the last day of 2019, Trametes versicolor mycelial biomass might play important role in the management of Meniere’s Syndrome, due to the well-known neuroprotective compounds of Trametes versicolor5.
A. mellea (3-5g/day), Trametes versicolor mycelial biomass (3 g/day).
1. Pharmacological actions of Gastrodia watery preparation and fermentation liquid of Armillaria mellea on nervous system. Chin J Med. 1977;(8):470–472.
2. To use Armillaria fungus tablet to replace Gastrodia tuber in treating 45 cases with syndrome of deficiency of yin and flourishing yang. Chin J Med. 1977;(8):473–474.
3. Observation on curative effects of Armillaria mellea fungus tablet in treating 100 cases of neurasthenia and hypertension, etc. Zhou LS. J New Med. 1978;(10):13.
4. Jiangsu Provincial Cooperation Research Group on Gastrodia tuber, curative effects of Gastrodia tuber Armillaria fungus tablet in treating some diseases of the nervous system. Jiangsu J TCM. 1980;(1):35–37.
5. Nutritional mushroom treatment in Meniere’s Disease with Coriolus versicolor: a rationale for therapeutic intervention in neuroinflammation and antineurodegeneration. Scuto M, Di Mauro P, Ontario ML, Amato C, Modafferi S, Ciavardelli D, Trovato Salinaro A, Maiolino L, Calabrese V. Int J Mol Sci, 2019;21(1):284.