A number of papers report beneficial immunological effects from extracts of Trametes versicolor and Ganoderma lucidum in human lymphoma cell lines1-5. PSK was also reported to inhibit lymphoma development in a mouse model and a case of regression of gastric large B-Cell lymphoma following high G. lucidum intake has been reported6,7.
1. Protein-bound polysaccharide-K (PSK) directly enhanced IgM production in the human B cell line BALL-1. Maruyama S, Akasaka T, Yamada K, Tachibana H. Biomed Pharmacother. 2009;63(6):409–412.
2. Protein-bound polysaccharide K induced apoptosis of the human Burkitt lymphoma cell line, Namalwa. Hattori TS, Komatsu N, Shichijo S, Itoh K. Biomed Pharmacother. 2004;58(4):226–230.
3. Ganoderma lucidum causes apoptosis in leukaemia, lymphoma and multiple myeloma cells. Müller CI, Kumagai T, O’Kelly J, Seeram NP, Heber D, Koeffler HP. Leuk Res. 2006;30(7):841–848.
4. Cytotoxic action of Ganoderma lucidum on interleukin-3 dependent lymphoma DA-1 cells: involvement of apoptosisproteins. Calviño E, Pajuelo L, de Eribe Casas JA, Manjón JL, Tejedor M.C, Herráez A, Alonso MD, Diez JC. Phytother Res. 2010;25(1):25-32.
5. Potentiation of T cell immunity against radiation-leukaemia-virus-induced lymphoma by polysaccharide K. Yefenof E, Einat E, Klein E. Cancer Immunol Immunother. 1991;34(2):133–137.
6. Prophylactic intervention in radiation-leukaemia-virus-induced murine lymphoma by the biological response modifier polysaccharide K. Yefenof E, Gafanovitch I, Oron E, Bar M, Klein E. Cancer Immunol Immunother. 1995;41(6):389–396.
7. Regression of gastric large B-Cell lymphoma accompanied by a florid lymphoma-like T-cell reaction: immunomodulatory effect of Ganoderma lucidum (Lingzhi)? Cheuk W, Chan JK, Nuovo G, Chan MK, Fok M. Int J Surg Pathol. 2007;15(2):180–186.